Tagore Hospital & Heart Care Centre is a premier multi-specialty & super-specialty hospital of North India. The Hospital serves not only the people of Punjab but also the adjoining states of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir. This 148 bedded hospital offers high quality, cost effective patient care founded on the pillars of ethics and excellence.
- Hospital was established in the year 1979, by the name of 'TAGORE HOSPITAL PVT. LTD.'
- Started in a small rented building with 20 bedded capacity.
- Began with 2 specialties i.e., General Medicine & General Surgery.
- Shifted to present complex on Mahavir Marg in the year 1982.
Why the name Tagore?
Aim was to name the hospital after a great person, whose name could be a continuous source of inspiration.
Progress of the hospital
- Added two more specialties i.e., Orthopaedics & Skin & V.D. between 1982 to 1991.
- Closed Heart Surgery Department was started in the year 1991 which was headed by Dr. J. S. Gujral, a renowned Cardio Thoracic Surgeon of the Country.
- 'Open Heart Surgery Programme' was started in the year 1996 in the new adjoining complex.
- First to start heart surgery in North India after Delhi
- The following specialties and super-specialties have been added after 1996
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic surgery
- Nephrology & Urology
- Gastroenterology & Gastro surgery
- Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Diabetes care centre
- Ophthalmology (eye)
- Skin, V.D. & Cosmetology
- Pulmonology (chest)
- Casuality services
- Blood bank with aphresis unit
- Laboratory services
- Mobile cardiac ambulance
Our vision is to be recognized as a leader in the field of quality healthcare by achieving professional excellence and through our proven ability to consistently satisfy our patient’s needs.
Our mission is to serve the community with complete dedication and to continuously engage in upgrading our healthcare delivery system through quality intervention by involvement of all functionaries and excellent leadership.
Hospital created history by becoming the First NABH Safe-ITSM Certified Hospital in India on 01 February, 2013.
- Establishment of State of Art Cath Lab, Philips 1617401G2175 Model & with latest facilities for DSA & Electrophysiology studies and provision of stent boosting device.
- Upgrading of CT Scan from Spiral CT Scan to 16 Slice.
- Upgrading of X-Ray Machine from 300MA to 500MA.
- Conversion to digital X-Ray from Convention X-Ray.
- Step Wise upgradation of Operation Theater as per NABH requirements.
- Installation of following state of Art equipment in the Lab.
- ROBOCHEM Lablife fully automated open system for Routine Biochemistry.
- SIEMENS Xpand fully automated closed system for Routine Biochemistry.
- SIEMENS Centraur (CP) for Hormone Analysis.
- XT-1800i Sysmax five part for Complete Blood Count Analyser.
- GEM Premier 3000 for Analysis of Blood Gases.
- BACTALERT 3D for special cultures including Blood, fluids, Bal fluid culture etc.
- SIEMENS Clinitech for Urine Analysis.
Academic & Research Activities
- The hospital has carried out a research work with Deptt. of Psychology, Punjab University, Chandigarh. Findings published as a chapter in book titled “Health & Psychology”.
- Hospital holds regular CMEs both in the hospital as well as in various cities of Punjab & Himachal Pradesh for the benefit of Medical professionals.
- The Managing Director is founder President as well as Patron of the Physicians’ Forum of Jalandhar which holds regular monthly CMEs as well as an annual update.
- We have been carrying out Charitable Work as part of our social responsibility.
- Running a Charitable Dispensary in slum area in Aman Nagar, Jalandhar.
- Running a Charitable trust to help the poor and needy people.
- Has performed four free Open Heart Surgery operations on poor and needy patients during the last 4 years.
- We have held over 125 medical camps in various areas of Punjab & Himachal. In these camps Senior Consultants examine the patients. Investigations like ECG, Blood Sugar estimation, Echocardiography are carried out free of charge. Free medicines are also given.